Samstag, 27. September 2014

Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt talk about feminism

Good evening, everybody!
After a short hiatus I want to show you this awesome video about the male feminist Joseph Gordon-Levitt talking about this very topic and his opinion. He also asked his fans to record themselves and talk about their opinion to feminism. The questions he wanted them to answer are:

- What does the word "feminism" mean to you?
- Would you call yourself a feminist? Why or why not?

I think it would be a great way to gather opinions and discuss them with many people all over the world. Everyone has their reasons why they think like they do, and I am interested in hearing also opinios of people who are against feminism. I think that in fact most of the people are feminists but just don't know it, because they don't know about the meaning of the word feminism. Or may for them, it has a completely different meaning.


I'd love to hear your opinion and if you think about making a video about it (just like me) then I'd love to watch it and talk about it with you!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello.
    YES, I am a feminist! I wrote about it on my blog quiet a long time ago... (i think you read this entry^^)
    I see a big gap between the "ordinary society" and "scientific communities" (+people, who are concerned about whats going on and care) and how they use the word/term "feminism".
    In the scientific community (and not only in there) it means to speak about gender equality, and different images, opportunities.,...
    However, there are still many people who always think of women burning their bras - stuff like this.

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! ♡